Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cilantro Sprouts!

Day 20, and I've got a bunch of cilantro sprouts. What do you know, the old seeds were good after all. I'll have to take some pictures. The tomato sprouts are growing. In fact, I'm beginning to think I've planted too many in this planter. I didn't expect all the seeds to grow. In past experiences planting seeds, not all the seeds actually grow! So now I think I have more tomato plants growing than can fit in the planter--will have to think of a plan of action to remedy this situation.

2 comments:

Anthropositor said...

Sounds like your opportunity to find out what tomato sprouts taste like. I don't know with certainty that tomato greens are edible. Potato leaves, for example, are toxic.

How do cilantro sprouts compare with adult cilantro in taste?

Anthropositor said...

Uhm looking a little further into it, I probably would not be trying either tomato sprouts.

I understand that they are both members of the nightshade family, making the greens toxic.